Firebrickart

Kiln Fired Art is what gets us HOT!
It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 11:00 pm

Contact Us | All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to firebrickart

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: apartments
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:39 pm 

So please tell us about these apartments? Where are they? Where can we get more info? ;)

Post subject: Re: apartments
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:55 am 

Hi Toni, Thank you for asking about Bungunyah Apartments. I have been a bit slack in putting information up as my husband has had major surgery and I have been somewhat distracted. He is on the mend though now and your post has given me the impetus (to get off my clacker!!) lol and write something.

Firstly Bungunyah Apartments are owned, built and managed by my husband Kees and myself. They are situated in Croydon, Melbourne, Australia. We are located in the state of Victoria which is on the South east coast.

We have 4 short term rental villas which are fully self contained and are situated in individual private beautiful gardens. We have guests coming from all over the world to stay with us. We are about 30 minutes from Melbourne CBD and are at the gateway to the Yarra Valley wineries/retaurants and Mt Dandenong Ranges which have spectacular gardens, forests and other interesting places to visit.

The name Bungunyah is aboriginal and given to our property by the first white settlers in the 1800's. It means 'lost shelter'. The old homestead was built in 1880's and restored by my husband Kees in 1980. The property is 2 acres and Kees built the villas as an adjunct to our lifestyle which we love.
Attachment:
File comment: The homestead 'our home' and reception to our business.
resized 900 x 900.jpg
resized 900 x 900.jpg [ 174.08 KiB | Viewed 6185 times ]

Kees is an avid gardener and is maintenance man and I am the IT/manager.[/attachment]
Attachment:
File comment: Our garden
Garden.jpg
Garden.jpg [ 74.91 KiB | Viewed 6185 times ]
Attachment:
File comment: Our Japanese garden
Japanese garden.jpg
Japanese garden.jpg [ 67.92 KiB | Viewed 6185 times ]
Attachment:
File comment: Some of our local wild life
Local wildlife.jpg
Local wildlife.jpg [ 53.37 KiB | Viewed 6185 times ]
Attachment:
File comment: One of our 3 bedroom double storey villas
Villas exterior.jpg
Villas exterior.jpg [ 84.49 KiB | Viewed 6185 times ]

Our web-site is http://www.bungunyahapartments.com.au if you would like to see more and we also have a face book page.

I will post some more photos and information soon.

Attachments:
File comment: Our garden
Cornelius.jpg
Cornelius.jpg [ 84.93 KiB | Viewed 6185 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:10 am 
The villas and apartments are beautiful, and very well equipped. There is also pretty well every amenity you could want including internet service, which is how I kept up with firebrickart when I was there.

It would easily be possible for a family with older children (who would normally drive you up the wall on holiday!! :evil: ).......to go and stay in the 3 bed villa, and have a great time, because there are 2 lounge areas, so you are not on top of each other all the time.

The bathrooms and furnishngs are to a high standard, and they are quirky in their decor, which I think Lisa is responsible for??? :?: They are not the normal run of the mill, boring, sterile apartments you would usually get. They have style, and an artistic streak to them, and are each decorated on a theme.

The "African" theme of the one we stayed in was PERFECT for me as I love African art, colours and images, which were carried throughout the entire villa.

I now regret not taking more pictures of the garden etc, as each villa has a BBQ and outside dining area with patio doors, that means you always have an option of dining style. Each villa has a private garden which is also a pleasure to sit in as you have a great mix of plants, flowers and wildlife which makes a book unnecessary.

Can't speak highly enough of the place, and we WILL be going back!! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:14 am 

Thanks Christine for your comments, we loved having you stay with us. By the way the cheque's in the mail! ;) :o :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:26 pm 

Lisa, the villas are beautiful. I love the setting you show where. Does the bird come with the rental? He/she is adorable sitting in the railing....looks like he wants a bit if loving. How I would love to come for a visit.....the UK comes first ...have to visit where the ancestors came from....but I have always wanted to come to Australia and New Zealand

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:57 pm 

Lisa, the apartments look like Heaven on wheels, we have cottages in North Wales and I realize how much work you must both put in to upkeep them to this beautiful standard, I wish Kees a speedy recovery, would love to experience one of them sometime, perhaps we could swop!!! Chris Ryder in Bala, North Wales, U.K.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:02 pm 
These are stunning Lisa. I see pure inspiration for "garden themed" paintings.

best wishes

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:09 am 

Your apartments look like heaven on earth to me and the attached gardens are an absolute dream. An ideal place for anyone to stay, but especially china painters! :D

Contact Us | All times are UTC [ DST ]